Magazine: Buckie, Keith & District
Buckie, Keith & District
Buckie is well served by golf courses with the eastern and western edges of the community ending in 18 holes.
Buckie lies virtually equidistant to Banff to the east and Elgin to the west whilst Keith lies 15 miles to the south by road but a considerably lesser distance as the crow flies.
KEITH - The oldest part of Keith dates to around 1180 and the main part of the town is on higher ground above the river, laid out in 1755 by the Earl of Findlater. Keith has an 18-hole golf course, three tennis courts, a bowling club, squash court, skate park, multiple football pitches (one official pitch - Kynoch Park - where Keith F.C. play) and a large sports hall.
The swimming pool has been refurbished with a gym and sauna room added to the facilities. Keith Cricket Club play their home games at Fife Park.
13,235 copies circulated to 25,147 readers in: Aultmore, Botriphnie, Clochan, Cullen, Davoch of Grange, Findochty, Fochabers, Inchberry, Kingston, Maggieknockater, Mosstodloch, Mulben, Newlands, Portgordon, Portknockie, Spey Bay, Towiemore.